Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Fashion Flip Book?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mominindianapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2005
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone have this? I bid on one several times on ebay and lost. I really would like to have the full title, author, and ISBN for this if possible as I would so like to add it to our collection and it's rather hard to search without the correct info.

    This is an older item (can't find it on Curt's site or others I've looked at). It has the doll fashions - mainly historical I believe and you could flip the sections around as you learn about the fashions.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to hear from anyone who has one to sell also.

    Thanks so much!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kboyd912's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have always been curious about this - I have a little brochure-type booklet that sounds like this, but I can't believe it's what goes for so much on eBay - it's very thin paper, even the covers, and is only about 5 inches square. It does have each of the girls in it, and you can flip the pages to change their dresses, and there is a place you can color in a new dress for each of them (and one for your own self at the end). Each outfit has some historic facts beside it relating to that time. If you find out more, let me know! Mine was put in with some other AG books I got in a lot from a lady here in town.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member mominindianapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2005
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Could you post a picture of yours? What does it say on the front? Does it have an isbn? An author?

    Perhaps what I've been looking for is actually a brochure and came with the American Girls Club & Historical Society materials. From what I can see in the handbook - the book (or booklet) has the marbled pinkish/red background, with a sort of framed center that says "The American Girls Wardrobe" and has pictures of the historical dolls on the front.

    Any more details that you can give me about your pieces would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks so much!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mominindianapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2005
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.curtdanhauser.com/AG_Coll...Club_I_Big.jpg

    This is a link to a picture I found on Curt's site of the original American Girls Club & Historical Society set. If you make it larger, by golly - that DOES look like what we are both describing! If I see any more ebay auctions for this I am going to read VERY closely because it looks as though people have been paying over $50 for a little paper booklet/brochure that was actually part of this set!

    If anyone has the complete set of these items - could you please tell us a bit about this?

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes it came with the American Girls club package and was never available seprately and I do not think it has an ISBN and sells for a lot on ebay.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kboyd912's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, that looks exactly like what I got, and it did come in a folder like that with other club goodies in it, like reading journals and a poster - so I think that's the one! Mine looks just like the cover in the picture. Wow - I'm surprised it's selling for so much.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kboyd912's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's what else I have in the folder besides the flip book (I don't think it's complete, based on your picture):

    * A poster of all five girls reading (Molly, Addy, Samantha, Kirsten, Felicity)
    * Five reading journals, that ask questions about the books and have some puzzles.
    * A mentor's guide, with instructions on all the projects you must complete to become an American Girl Historian.
    * A premiere issue of Pleasant Times - like a newspaper with AG articles.
    * A "Pastport" where you can put historical seals (I guess you got these when you read the books?) No seals came in the kit.
    * A blank membership card (the back says "Look to the Past, Learn for the Future"
    * A nice big Handbook with lots of details on projects related to all the books - this is really nice.

    I hadn't looked at all this in a lot of detail before, but it's really neat! Thanks for the post - Kate and I will be taking a closer look at this now! Whoever had it before didn't fill any of it out, so I may make copies of some of it so that we can keep the originals.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've seen those on Ebay before, but I don't have it. If you fine one and win, try to post pictures of it.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 07, 2006 12:01 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mominindianapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2005
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gladly. I did find a picture of the book I am looking for in one of our older American Girl Historical Society handbooks. It doesn't have a full-on picture or title though. It is called "The American Girl's Wardrobe". I think there was more to the title calling it a flip book of historical fashions or a historical fashion flip book, but I'm not sure and can't get an author. So far I haven't come up with isbn or author thru the library of congress. I'm going to try some other options. It looks like such a neat book. I wish they would re-release it for their anniversary. Seems like a nice and fitting product.
    Any help is appreciated. I will let you know if I find it. I'm also looking for the charts that go with our "America at School" curriculum. There is one called changes in America and one called changes at school. My curriculum is in great shape and still in the plastic case, but the charts were pkgd seperatately in a tube and I haven't been able to find them.

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member Unless's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 22nd, 2021
    Posts
    1,092
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Fashion Flip Book?

    I prefer websites that offer stylish clothes at affordable prices, allowing me to enjoy fashion without overspending. If you appreciate fashionable clothing, take a look at their page. For any inquiries, contacting cettire phone number customer service number ensures prompt assistance. They can be a fantastic choice, and I'm confident you'll be satisfied with your purchases from them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •